Sunday 31 July 2011

Websites That I Like

On the Internet, there are so many different kinds of websites that a person can visit.Among the most popular websites are social networking websites, news websites, entertainment websites and the list keeps on growing.  For me however, my favourite type of websites are sports websites( mainly football of course). the reason i love sports websites is because I'm a sports fanatic. Sports for me is like eating and breathing, i need it to survive. God knows what would happen to me if there we no more sports websites. I would probably be crawled up in the fetal position in some lunatic asylum.
Anyway, getting back on topic, sports websites are hybrid websites because the are a combination of news and entertainment. They post updates on current sports event for their fans to read and often write editorials for the fans to analyse.They make their money by advertising products on the site to generate income. I'll use my personal favourite website Goal.com. as an example. Goal.com post updates on matches and transfer dealings in the world of football. They also include interviews with famous footballing figures and write up editorials on current football matters. They often advertise Nike and Adidas products and have a following of around half a million. Apart from that, they take part in charity events such as the 1Goal charity drive that collects donations to give to underprivileged children across the world.
Sports websites for me are the best but that doesn't mean i don't check out other sites. I'm often on news websites to keep up with what happening around the world and visit Facebook to keep in touch with my close mates. All in all, A person chooses their websites based on the likes and interest and because of this, websites will never die off so long there are people with stories to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment